Friends, Do you want to move your entire Quicken Data to another computer? If your answer is 'Yes', then go through this article as it will help you through the migrating process of Quicken data over various devices.
If you want to move your Quicken data files then begin by installing the Quicken software on that another device also. It isn’t essential to buy a new copy of Quicken, you may download the digital copy of Quicken for re-installation from the website of Quicken. Please Log in with your Quicken ID and password to download the software.
And, if you owe a Quicken CD, then you can easily reinstall the Quicken from that CD. Quicken can be installed on 3 PC at a time. All your files of Quicken can be moved between these three devices on which the Quicken is installed. But user can’t gain access to these files at the same moment. At a single point in time, a user can have access to a single file on a single computer.
If ever you confronted with a problem while moving/ accessing your Quicken file on other computers,please ensure that you are using the similar version of software on both the devices.
* If you use Quicken on WINDOWS SYSTEM, please have a look at the following steps:
1. First of all, Re-install the Quicken on another PC. Also, make sure you have installed the current version of Quicken on both the computers.
2. Copy the file you want to move and paste it on to the external disk: Start Quicken on your previous computer. Choose those files that you want to move and click on “Backup.” Backup the files on external storage devices say USB drive. To copy the data files to another computer this USB can be used.
3. Store the copied Quicken files on other devices: Now, take the USB containing copied data file and plug it into the USB port of another computer system. Wait for a while so that your computer detect that USB device. After this, click on that external drive to open it. In case you don’t see a direct prompt to open the external USB drive then you may check it under the “My Computer” or “File Explorer” menu on your PC. Once it is opened, you can easily copy the files and paste it to the desktop of another computer. After this, start this application (Quicken) on this new computer. Select the files and hit “Restore Backup Files.” option. Now, browse your desktop and pick Quicken backup files for restoring them. Press “OK” to restore those files.
In this way, you can move your copied data to another windows computer.
* For transferring the Quicken Data over devices with MAC OS, you need to follow given steps:
First 2 steps would remain same as in case of a Windows operating system:
1. Re-install Quicken software on another computer. Also, ensure it is a current version of Quicken on both the computers.
2. Copy the file that you wish to move and then paste it on to the external disk: Open Quicken in your previous PC select those files that you want to move and press ‘’Backup” Option. Backup the files on external storage device like USB drive as it can be used to copy the data files to another device.
3. Save the copied Quicken files on another computer: Take the USB containing copied data file and plug it into the USB port of another computer. Now, Start Quicken and click on “File” and select the option ‘’Restore from Backup.” Look for your external storage device. You may find it on the left side of your system in the “Devices” tab. Open the external storage device and double click on those files that you would like to move. Go for option “Restore this File”.Browse the place in “Where” drop-down menu for storing the copied files there. Now, browse the location in the local disk space of your new device. For instance, desktop or any of the drives C/D/E. Now, press Restore to save the copied file on a new system.
So, this is what you need to do for navigating your Quicken data across different devices. To seek further help, you can approach 'Quicken Chat Support' Or 'Quicken Customer Service' and find all those remedies you need to manage your finance software.